Double Digits!

Feeling great, but pretty tired right now. If it weren't for two little girls that need some mommy time I might be in bed. But it is a good kind of tired. Today was my long run and I ran 10 miles!!!

My neighbor Hussam went with me again this morning after he finally peeled his butt out of bed...7am is not that early. The first couple laps around Hawk Island were a breeze. It probably helps that Hussam is a teenager and has all those issues that we can discuss while on our runs. And for once, he didn't try to run too fast so that I was pushing too hard. Thanks Hussam.

When we got to the six mile mark (4 laps), I was feeling great...just two more laps and the run home to do. The fifth lap was a little harder, but I was still doing okay and knew I could do the sixth. The last lap and the run home (about 2 miles) were a killer. We had been talking about how good we felt through the whole run, now we were talking about beginning to feel it. All I could think about was getting home to some ice cold water. Hussam gets a little goofy towards the end of runs. He starts singing and jumping around. I on the other hand get annoyed. It is a good thing that we love each other, or else we wouldn't be able to run with each other. The rest of the time we get to spend together makes up for the last mile of me telling him to shut up.

Now a couple hours later after cooling of with a walk, drinking lots of water (probably too much), stretching, taking an ice bath and a hot shower I feel great again. Tomorrow is a well deserved rest day with the family. I am looking forward to it.

Bonus...I just learned that I burned about 800 calories today!


Total Miles Today = 10.2 Approximate Miles Since Beginning = 415

2 comments:

  1. wow i didn't know i was THAT annoying... but it was fun a HUGE jump for me from 4 to 10 miles.... good run stac~

     
  2. That is soooo Awesome!!! I was excited to be doing 2.6 miles in 30 mintes ---includes walking breaks.

    I'm so excited for you!!! I was thinking of volnteering at Dances with Dirt. I'm pretty close to there anyway & they have talked about it at Running Fit, Ann Arbor when I've been in there--I start Running 101 there Aug 26. I wanna be able to do a mile non-stop by then; I'm close; but not there.....which is KILLING me!!!!